Thread: SHO Beta
View Single Post
Old 09-16-13, 04:44 AM   #28
cherbert
Engineer

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 0

I know the devs have probably been forced to apply all this pay to play dynamics into the game but aside from that I love what they have done and they do seem to care about attention to detail.

For a web game I love how I can fire it up so quickly and get into the action wherever I am.

The wolfpack feature is so much fun. I was in a wolfpack the other night with 4 other players and had 4 destroyers coming down on us protecting a convoy of merchant ships. It was tense, exciting and a very rewarding social experience as we were all on Skype together planning our strategies.

I hope the game maintains a healthy player base as I am confident the devs are listening and have lots of plans for the future.

I like this game very much - I have played Silent Hunter since Silent Hunter 1. I have played Silent Service since the days of the Commodore 64 and Amiga versions. I played Aces of the Deep and all the other submarine sims that have come and gone.

You don't have to have a 100% accurate simulation in which to enjoy a submarine game and have fun with your friends. There are still people in this community who stubbornly turn their back on Silent Hunter 5 despite the enormous progress in fixing it that has been achieved. The same stubbornness is directed toward this game and I feel those people are really missing out if they could only just accept that not every game has to be the complete simulation that hey want it to be and just give it a chance.
cherbert is offline   Reply With Quote