View Single Post
Old 10-22-07, 01:07 PM   #6
Siara
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Thanks for comments.

First of all i will have to decide which U-boat im gonna try to replicate.
Judging by the photobase available i was edging myself towards U-552 (as i think it is a beauty of its kind , and Erich Topp gets my vote anyday).

nikimcbee - of coursei will be posting the pics , what sens in topic like this without the pictures?

Here are some stills of the box:

The hull is big. The biggest model ever atempted by me , for visual comparison i placed the hull of the Type VIID Minenlager in 1-144 scale inside.
Even though the model of Type VIID is longer than standard VII the size diference is obvious:

First glance inside the box and everything looks in order , parts are neetly kept apart by some spacers on the mould / no more cracked wintergartens /.

The detail is of good quality , even out of the box this model will look the part:

Instruction is clear with choice of diferent U-boat possibilities covered:

That is to be decided before i open the floodholes , as they difer from one boat to another.

Bill Nichols - i was looking up the websites with wooden decks , and only thing i can say is : only wood can give true effect of the wood , but i`ll wait for my eduard P/E to turn up , before spending more money on something that i may not use. But is a food for thought.

Master Models
Siara is offline   Reply With Quote