View Single Post
Old 09-29-21, 10:38 PM   #2437
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Excuse the silence, the mod is not cancelled - just been busy. I am almost totally recovered from that stupid "vaccine" - I wasn't sick until I got it; thanks Moderna! Now just some muscle aches and short windedness from time to time.

The tentative current sub lineup is as of now:

UB-I Class (2 Torpedoes) (Some sources say 4 "theoretically" possible??)
U-9 Class (6 Torpedoes)
U-19 Class (6 Torpedoes)
U-23 Class/U-27 Class/U-31 Class (Early War; 6 Torpedoes)
U-23 Class/U-27 Class/U-31 Class (Improved; 10 Torpedoes)
U-51 Class (8 Torpedoes)
U-63 Class (8 Torpedoes)
U-81 Class ( Up to 10-12 Torpedoes)
U-87 Class (12-16 Torpedoes)
U-139 Class (24 Torpedoes)

If anyone has alternate torpedo figures, go ahead and chip in.

The new model for the early diesel boats (U-19 - U-31 which were very similar) is almost done....the old one, which you have seen in all screenshots, will not be in the final release. The new one is much better.

@ Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt: So yes! Expect to see the U-63 and U-81. I have a good conning tower model for them, and I will adapt the high detail U-139 hull to make those boats. I have various styles of the U-139 hull with no vent holes, etc so that when time comes to modify it into the other classes I can add the right vent holes and other details easily.

I remember that the U-63's served a lot of time in the Mediterranean, where their fast diving time was useful. According to my sources they could only carry up to 8 torpedoes, so the U-81 was a considerable improvement in terms of payload (10-12 torpedoes for U-81 boats).

It will be interesting, managing torpedoes with the early war boats that have a loadout of just 6 torpedoes...and the UB-I only has 2! Much different from the Gato / Balao.

Sorry to hear you were sick, same thing happened with my sister, never sick until she got the injection, but she ended up in the hospital for two weeks and oxygen. Glad you are recovering.

Going to be quite an adjustment for those of us used t carrying 24 torpedoes around on patrol lol. Deck gun will play a large role in the sim I assume.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote