View Single Post
Old 09-29-21, 07:25 PM   #2436
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Excuse the silence, the mod is not cancelled - just been busy. I am almost totally recovered from that stupid "vaccine" - I wasn't sick until I got it; thanks Moderna! Now just some muscle aches and short windedness from time to time.

The tentative current sub lineup is as of now:

UB-I Class (2 Torpedoes) (Some sources say 4 "theoretically" possible??)
U-9 Class (6 Torpedoes)
U-19 Class (6 Torpedoes)
U-23 Class/U-27 Class/U-31 Class (Early War; 6 Torpedoes)
U-23 Class/U-27 Class/U-31 Class (Improved; 10 Torpedoes)
U-51 Class (8 Torpedoes)
U-63 Class (8 Torpedoes)
U-81 Class ( Up to 10-12 Torpedoes)
U-87 Class (12-16 Torpedoes)
U-139 Class (24 Torpedoes)

If anyone has alternate torpedo figures, go ahead and chip in.

The new model for the early diesel boats (U-19 - U-31 which were very similar) is almost done....the old one, which you have seen in all screenshots, will not be in the final release. The new one is much better.

@ Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt: So yes! Expect to see the U-63 and U-81. I have a good conning tower model for them, and I will adapt the high detail U-139 hull to make those boats. I have various styles of the U-139 hull with no vent holes, etc so that when time comes to modify it into the other classes I can add the right vent holes and other details easily.

I remember that the U-63's served a lot of time in the Mediterranean, where their fast diving time was useful. According to my sources they could only carry up to 8 torpedoes, so the U-81 was a considerable improvement in terms of payload (10-12 torpedoes for U-81 boats).

It will be interesting, managing torpedoes with the early war boats that have a loadout of just 6 torpedoes...and the UB-I only has 2! Much different from the Gato / Balao.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote