View Single Post
Old 09-14-21, 06:09 AM   #3589
Alpheratz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Years ago I recall telling a friend asking about Silent Hunter game (it was SH3 back then) that is't the only computer game that makes me dig out a math book... If this was now, I'd just send him a link to your video

On another note: testing of a new warship is underway:

Still needs adding damage zones, fixing FX, camouflage and campaign integration, but it's getting there.
I imagine these calculation procedures are tedious for most players. Of course, the skipper should not bother himself with this. But in my opinion, besides the fact that you have the opportunity to participate in authentic WW2 procedures, it makes you feel two more things: the first is how time drags on on patrol and it has nothing to do with relaxing in the cabin of a cruise ship ; and second, submarine warfare is not at all romantic and not cinematic and requires high, including intellectual, tension. I think all of this contributes to raising the "ABV level" of the simulation.

Taking this opportunity .. I understand very well how long it can take high-quality and professional work to improve the game and I want to note that I like how the game is changing thanks to modders like you.