gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MataHari View Post

Here's a list of the features modified:
Thanks

I suggest you to link this list to your first post in this thread, for better visibility.

Quote:
5. All ships manually measured for Mast Height, Length, Width, and Draft, and values entered in the Identification Manual.
What do you mean with "manually measured"? Stock manual ship measures were a mess, but all of the ships featured by TWoS, with the exception the units imported from SHIV, had their relevant dimensions corrected by toniloCoyote, who used an ingenious method for measuring them. As far as I can tell, though with some approximation, the figures provided by him are fairly accurate. Did you find significant discrepancies with your own measures?

To give you an idea of how approximate were ship specs stated in most cases in WWII recognition handbooks, I suggest you to have a look into one of the ONI manuals available at this link, and compare the specs stated there with information on the same ship classes available today.

Quote:
8. Missing ClassNames=UnitNames added to the Identification Manual.

. . \data\Roster\Names.cfg text file

. . . . [SEA]
. . . . Tug_Z=Ported SV Tug Boat
. . . . PSTyohei_Z=Ported Uekel Small Passenger Type
. . . . NAMC_Z=Medium Freighter
. . . . JPFish01=Fishing boat 1
. . . . JPFish02=Fishing boat 2
. . . . OSHaruna_Z=Ported SteelViking Tanker

I think vdr1981 has finally replaced ship class names once derived from the forum name of the modder who had originally imported them, with more generic names or, wherever possible, with real class names which are now featured by TWoS. Not to look ungrateful, but I couldn't agree more with his decision. It looked odd reading those familiar names in game; it was something that, at least for me, broke the illusion of being thrown in the middle of WWII warfare, and reminded me of nodes, 3D meshes, unit controllers and long testing sessions. I am glad that someone dealt with them, but I would rather prefer reading their names in the credit notes.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote