Old 07-06-22, 09:51 AM   #8
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
The depth charge sound repair mod is a fix for very short depth charge explosion effect. This fixed the issue where depth charge sounds would cut off in the middle of the explosion. The game crashed before activating this mod.
So... you're saying that this has been noted by you... prior to working to include the newer modifications then...

Strange, as I have not noted such, behavior... but then... probably haven't ran into the proper kicker for it to occur, yet... either.

On contemplation of this... occurring... wanna say I believe... KM, is on the possible cause for it propbeanie, given the info on it occurring prior to inclusion of newer... stuff.

If, you recall think it was with.... v1.46 of FotRS-U, that there was a.... mismatch of file bits with certain... IJN subs, that were invariably causing all sorts of grief with CTDing... on either torp'ing them, or just the simple act of their spawning near you, if not a bit of both.

The... Sen Taki (think I mangled that subs proper name, but... have confidence you should now the 1 I am referring to here... ) was 1 of the culprits in that issue. As I recall, iirc was... 3 in all.

This, could well be the case here... just with a different root cause but still... ship related. Namely, in the depth charges... to, even... a case of equip mismatch & a bit of mismatched ship info... maybe. Just....

a WAG, here... I do admit.

Hope this... cogitating, of Mine out loud... helps... as always...

Gonna go back to lurking...

M. M.