View Single Post
Old 09-07-22, 08:33 AM   #70
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Steve was a massive influence on a young Red October1984 several years ago whether he realized it at the time or not. I found Subsim and kind of dove headfirst even deeper into my hobby of simulation gaming.

Those of you that were around about ten years ago (holy ****, it's been eleven years since I joined ) know that I was extremely active here. I spent nearly all of my spare time under the waves of the Atlantic in Silent Hunter 3, perusing sonar screens in Dangerous Waters, and almost as often dabbling into more serious flight simulators. When I wasn't doing that, I was de-stressing and hanging out on the forum.

Steve was one of the biggest positive influences here during that time and though we butted heads on occasion, we had some very productive and formative discussions behind the scenes. He helped me through several rough times in my life and I am glad to have known him. I was saddened by his continually declining medical situation and I was fortunate to be able to thank him for everything he did for me.

To a genuinely great guy, mainstay of the community, fellow brother in arms, and a friend. Cheers, brother.