View Single Post
Old 06-24-11, 09:28 AM   #38
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Takeda follows behind Captain Raptor, unsteadily and clumbsily trying to keep up with the sure-footed military professional.

'Sir, I have to say that this has been a lot more action than I wanted to see. I mean, captured by the Jerries (you do call them Jerries, right?) and now in a prisoner of war camp in this godforsaken corner of the world. Its, well I'd say its, it could be, or maybe, look, it's not that I am not excited about the job. Oh hell, I'm not excited about the job. I wanted to work for the 'Post, but the patriotic thing was to write for Stars and Stripes. I thought this was going to be a desk job, you know, cushy and light......maybe see some dames in the evening.........you got a girl sir? Hm? 'Cause I heard that soldiers bond over this sort of thing in hard times. I bet these are hard times. You know, really hard times, I mean we're prisoners. Prisoners. And I got into this line of work because I wanted to write color pieces for the 'Post. You read the 'Post, don't you? Of course you do, Everyone reads the 'Post. Does your dame read the 'Post too? Maybe you read it together. It's really good to read it together. Good reading. Good writing. And I'm a pretty good writer. I can write a yarn that will make you think......well you'll say........um.........that was a good yarn. I could show you! Maybe I can write the camp newspaper. I can...oh, wait my typewriter is back on the sub. Hey, slow down. I'm doing my best to keep up here. If I didn't know better, I'd say that you were trying to get away from me, but I do know better. You're a good man, sir. A very good man. I am lucky to be here. And I bet your dame at home is lucky too. If I was to.......'

Takeda stopped short as he and the Captain reached their destination; the far side of the castle before them.

'Golly. What is this place?'