View Single Post
Old 09-22-23, 09:36 PM   #10
Submon
Nub

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooston View Post
It's all a bit complicated in that I run everything using Wine o a Linux box.

Hey Hooston. I'm also playing on Linux and I have a question for you. Do you have the smoke rendered? Because I don't and researching I found that I am not alone with that. Somebody recommended vulkan, but I think my laptop is too old for this.

Anyway, the game is very playable, although I couldn't get my resolution fixed (also on 1366*768, tried several hours with different mods to no avail), but I'm okay with that as it doen't influence gameplay (or hardly by having a wider view).

However not having smoke rendered (only very slightly white smoke) makes it really difficult to spot ships and it's a little sad to see a burning ship with hardly any smoke.

My sh3 has a own WINEPREFIX with winecfg added d3d9, msvcp71, msvcr71 but that doesn't seem to be necessary even. Still no smoke.

May I ask what d3d9.dll you are referring to? You said you have exchanged that one in the game folder?