View Single Post
Old 12-31-22, 07:55 PM   #2
ElCid97
Gunner

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 5

Greetings, Charles!

I was getting the same thing when I installed. I re-read the minimum requirements and there is something in there about the computer having to be a PC and not any type of laptop. My guess is that my gaming laptop -- an Asus G73 (circa 2010 with updated stuff to 2017) -- just won't cut it.

It does have a dedicated video card, but it's rated at 1 GB and it's sharing some 3 GB or so of the 16 GB of regular RAM for the rest of the video memory allotment. Total I'm running almost 4 GB of video memory that way. I'm not sure if that's a reason for the error, but you never know.

I read up on many of the other SH3 super-mods and they are way too high for my gaming computer as well. LSH3-2022, for example, requires a Windows 10 system. I'm still using Windows 7. The last version of LSH3 I can run is 2015, which is fine for me for now since I'm trying to fine tune my SH4 setup. Oddly enough, everything's fine there.

On the bright side, I may be able to run GWX Gold. I won't try anything for now since I'm working on getting SH4 tuned up nicely with FotRSU 1.8 and some smaller tweaks. I may try GWX-Gold sometime next month, but not sure. Since SH4 runs spot-on for me so far, I may try Dark Waters with "Multi-SH4" since it seems to be more of an "all in one" which is fairly stable. We'll see. From the videos I've seen, it seems somewhat more stable than KSD-II: Aces. Then again, I just like the effect of the telegraph orders getting called back in he DW videos, so that may be a factor. Same goes for the map.

OneAlex's mod would have been nice, that's for sure! Maybe GWX-Gold will be fine for you? Just remember OneAlex's is a "stand-alone" install, so you don't need a fresh SH3 like GWX-Gold or LSH3. Just place it on your disk, follow the instructions from the latter part of the OneAlex GWX forum and you should be good.

Sorry I'm not much help, but at least you know you're not the only one out there with this issue.

Happy New Year!

ElCid97

PS: Just FYI. Silent Hill was a Haunting movie. Silent Hunter is a Sub Sim. Sorry, couldn't resist!

PSS: Just checked after posting. My max resolution is 1600 x 900, so I may not be able to run a good portion of the mods here. Oh, well. I'll do what I can with what I can. A fleet boat career is good so far!

Last edited by ElCid97; 12-31-22 at 08:09 PM.
ElCid97 is offline   Reply With Quote