View Single Post
Old 01-25-22, 11:10 PM   #1380
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsAviation View Post
it worked! but it changed my keybinds, added a new language to the interior of the submarine and removed the functionality of raising the radio antenna or putting the uzo on your conning tower etc.. from the left side of the screen shortcuts and a bunch of other stuff. i guess i can tolerate the same depth charge and hull groans for now. thank you for your time though

That sound pack does a lot more than add sound files. As you've discovered it also changes your commands, among other things. It will not work with any install as is without changing the shared installs files, unless said install has the exact same command file, etc the mod has..........and the chance of that is slim and none. When you applied it you would have received overwrite notices in JSGME......which I hope you're using....
If all you want is the creaks and groans, do as I did because I like them too but didn't want all the rest of the mod:
Delete everything in the mod but the creaks and groans files (found in the data\sound path of the mod) and the interior.dsd files which control these sounds.(found in the data\interior path of the mod).
So your mod when done will have a structure of:

Mod folder
data
\interior < - leave all the files in this folder as is.
\sound < - Keep it simple; only the 47 creaks and groans files in this folder.

You can also edit your affected files so they work with all the mod files (or vice versa) and then use the entire mod, but if like me all you want is the creaks there really isn't any reason to do that work

Last edited by John Pancoast; 01-25-22 at 11:32 PM.
John Pancoast is offline   Reply With Quote