View Single Post
Old 03-06-22, 09:08 AM   #4440
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese View Post
It did not prompt me .. but this is not the first time ive installed SH4(maybe thought it didnt need to do again?).. however, i did read DX is needed when trying to figure out issue and ran installer manually(from SH4 install files) before my post.. should i try it again you think?
I do not have the Steam SH4 set, but look at this page on the Steam Store:
Silent Hunter Collection
Notice that there are two SH4 versions. Make certain you have the "UBoat Missions" version. I have no idea as to the Steam / Ubisoft way of naming the folders in the install. Usually though, if a person does happen to be using the wrong version, a player would report a missing "Black80.tga" file when loading the game...? A last resort would to move your MODS folder out of the game folder to someplace safe, away from Steam, then run the Steam check files integrity to restore it back to a Stock game. Make certain afterwards that the Stock game does in fact load into the 3D world, and then try the mod again, deleting the Documents / SH4 Save folder before trying to run the game with FotRSU enabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpex77 View Post
Hi, Is it possible to simply remove the 1.46 FOTRS version from JSGME, and install 1.7p3 without reinstalling SH4?

I dont expect my current career to carry over to the new version or can I?

Thanks!

Frank
Generally, yes, you can get by with that, so long as you didn't have issues with the v1.46, but you do have to empty the Save folder, since the two versions are not 100% compatible. We are reasonably certain removing the 1.46 mod will completely restore the stock game (but not 100%) for a successful 1.7p3 activation, but if you do have troubles, you know where to look and what to do first...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote