View Single Post
Old 08-02-22, 11:39 AM   #251
Fuerte14
Nub

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
A couple of notes: First, if you plan on modding the game, do not install it in the default location, which would be a "Program Files" folder. You want to make your own install folder, and put it in there instead. That way, Windows (usually) will not interfere with any mods that you add to the game. Secondly, anytime you make changes to the mod configuration, you usually will have to empty the Save folder, which under normal circumstances is "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4", unless you have used MultiSH4 and changed it. As for the DirectX files, you do need to install DirectX v9 files, since those files are missing in all the versions since. Nothing is overwritten by them, they just add to the dll collection. If you use a Steam or Ubisoft download, those usually automatically install those files. Once in the game, you want to match the Graphic Settings to what the "(recommended)" setting in Windows is, since that is your display's "Native" resolution...
I have both Steam and disc version to install from. I also have read through some FAQs after the first fault so what I've tried already are:

1) Install folder is apart from default suggestion, even named with no spaces, like Drive:/SilentHunter4
2) High DPI Override engaged
3) No additional items were skipped during the install (though only disc version offers them, Steam doesnt)
4) Installed DX9 from a separate offline installer after the game is installed
5) Copy/paste dx9 dlls from the SysWOW64 folder as mentioned above
6) Run .exe in Vista SP2 or Win7 compatibility mode
7) Even tried to LAA patch executable, though I have 32Gb RAM onboard under the Win10 x64

both versions - same result. Game freezes when I try to start campaign or go to the any settings
Fuerte14 is offline   Reply With Quote