View Single Post
Old 02-08-08, 06:34 AM   #10
sonar732
The Old Man

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanny
I have already made a conclusion,that the longer you try to calculate an excellent TMA solution,the less chances you have to hit the target,actually.
Do you use the autocrew or manual TMA? I'll admit that I haven't mastered TMA yet and use the autocrew. So, with that being said...I've seen my TMA jump 15k-20k yards after receiving a new solution. There are websites out there that suggest you have your torpedo presets at every 5k-10k yards to cover this possibility.

Why in the world would you do that? In the picture perfect world, the contact you launched those three torpedos might stay along the same course...but more than likely not. So, you've just wasted three fish going down the same bearing going after something that took an evasive 45-90 degree turn away from the projected path.

Now he knows your general bearing and if his UUV got a good sniff of your torpedos early, he can launch a spread at you assuming that you have cleared dantum, he'll ignore the countermeasures you launched and utilize snapshots with a 5 degree difference.

One of strategy that I've seen is there will be a torpedo with the standard 75% range on snake pattern, then another will be either darn close or right on the exact TMA range with circle to cover the escape route.
sonar732 is offline   Reply With Quote