Old 11-30-22, 04:04 PM   #14126
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySeven View Post
@Fitzcarraldo

I'm glad that you don't have problems with your install. There are a number of us who can't say the same thing.
I'm running 22H2, not 21H2. maybe it makes a difference. Not Steam. Ubisoft download. UAC is not a problem.

I can tell you that I never had a problem running it under Win10. I haven't run it under Win11 until a few weeks ago. Is it the 22H2 update? Try it and see if you still don't have any problems. Or, less invasive, set read-only status on all .dds files in the folder. It would be interesting to find if your recognition manual also freezes on one picture.

SH3 onealex 1.52 runs with no problem. SH4 Fortsu runs with no problems. KSDII Ace Edition runs with no problem. In fact, it is only SH5 TWoS that has a problem. I'm not imagining that critical dds files with charts and ship recognition pics disappear! That is why I have read-only selected.

Microsoft says they will not address the 22H2 problems until the next update, whatever that means. Maybe that will end the problem?
I updated to W11 Pro 22H2 and the game runs well. Maybe because I have the DVD Gold? Wonder what is the problem.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote