View Single Post
Old 08-21-21, 11:51 AM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default Old and new to it

Bought the game last year or even the yera bvefore, and forgot it. Went into it just now. I know Silent Service 1+2 , Jane's 688, Red Storm Rising, Sub Command, Dangerous Waters, Silent Hunter 3+4.

The game seems to be extremely badly balanced in sensors and AI skills...?! I am at 500 under a thiock layer, stormy water sat the surface, and enemy detects me - 688, 1984 - by ship from huge distance ten seconds after mission begins, and first torpedo already pinpoints me with utmost precision...?

I have very big problems, by comparison to the listed games above, to believe this all is "realistic". I feel like being technologically fifty years behind and playing against a neural network of Vulcans. In a 688 in 1984...? I enter missions on strategic map while being at creeping speeds, not being noisy. What I know about sonar and tactics, I know from the games listed.

Do I miss something, is the game that badly balanced? And it seems the developer abandoned the game quite quickly back then, or not?