View Single Post
Old 02-28-07, 08:29 AM   #26
Konovalov
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens
The Euro surface orders should be arriving any day now. A few guys have gotten them.

But, since guys like Kapitan and Konovalov were in the first group to order but are still waiting for the mail boat to dock, I am going to expand the scope of this contest, to ensure you all get a fair chance to participate.

Since we have at this point had exactly three guys post their smiley faces, and they are the three who win the first three prizes, this should be okay with everyone, right? Those three guys won the "first post wins" part of this event.

So, the 2007 Submarine Almanac contest will now be open to all participants, contributors and purchasers alike. The deadline is extended to April 10, 2007.

No rush, whether you now have your copy of the great Subsim book or are still waiting, even those who decide to order now (and ship priority/airmail). Just get the coolest, most interesting picture of yourself and your copy of the Almanac (no photoshop fakes, please) in this thread. Like Konovalov said, have the picture take at a historic landmark, on a battleship, submarine, in costume, skydiving, in your bathtub (please be sure to have plenty of bubbles in the right places!), alongside a famous person, favorite loved one, etc.

The picture will be judged by a panel composed of me, a WWII submarine officer, a nuclear submarine commander, a best selling submarine author, and a noted game designer. The picture we vote as the best, will win....

...a copy of SUPER COLLECTOR'S EDITION SILENT HUNTER 4!
This package is one of the 3000. Unopened, with all the goodies.

Prize details

Even if you have to buy a copy of the 2007 Submarine Almanac today, you will be happy to learn that no submarines were harmed in its production, and so far, everyone who has it tells me it is great reading and a wonderful souvenir of the 10th Anniversary of Subsim, our happy little home on the web.

First three runnerups will win Subsim swag (mug, shirt, or mousepad).

So, get your brain in gear, start planning to win this prize, it could be sitting on your desk real soon!

Good hunting!
Neal
Fan friggin tastic. Thanks Neal and great idea.
"In a Christian context, sexuality is traditionally seen as a consequence of the Fall, but for Muslims, it is an anticipation of paradise. So I can say, I think, that I was validly converted to Islam by a teenage French Jewish nudist." Sheikh Abdul-Hakim Murad (Timothy Winter)
Konovalov is offline   Reply With Quote