View Single Post
Old 11-19-21, 08:15 PM   #18
WolfyBrandon
Frogman

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 0
Default A Possible Solution...

A possible solution for those with this issue...

I also had the bug when clicking on the Watch Officer where it changes the camera to looking up at the sky and positioned way above the conning tower.

There is a fix provided by DivingDuck for the Open Hatch mod, but can also be used standalone without the Open Hatch mod. The fix only changes the data/Objects/Turm(uboat)_hd.cam files, I'm unsure if that will conflict with other mods you might have but you can always enable via JSGME and check...

What the fix does is change the functionality when clicking on the Watch Officer. Instead of the camera moving and showing the Watch Officers options above his icon, he will just give you a report on the "Nearest Visual Target".

It's actually a nice shortcut to request info on the nearest visual target (if there is one).

The only minor quirk with it is if you click on him, and there is a visual target available, he will turn to face you when he gives you the report and will stay like that long after he gives you the report until you change to a different camera view. You can do this by simply scrolling the mouse wheel to use the binoculars for a quick second (which you will probably do anyway if he reports a visual contact to you), so it's not really an issue at all...

This has been the best solution I have found, and is what I am currently using, so I thought I would share it with anyone who is interested.

You can find the download link at the bottom of the first post in the link below, look for...

"DD_OH_V3.09_ConningDeckCam_Fix_20091210230737.7z"

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=104514

WolfyBrandon

[Current JSGME Mods Used In My Game] "Dave, you will always be remembered! R.I.P." U-759

Last edited by WolfyBrandon; 11-20-21 at 04:28 AM.
WolfyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote