View Single Post
Old 11-13-21, 06:16 AM   #17
Sjöbjörn
Nub

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
If the mod you're using is from the first link, you are using H.sie's patch. I'm not sure what you have in the V16B1 mod folder; for his mod all you need is the Supplemental folder with the patched .exe in that. There is a gauge mod folder in his mod files that can be used too if desired. See his instructions for details.
But since you're not using Stiebler's patch, disregard my earlier mod order comment.
Also, Stiebler's patch (just like H.sie's) is optional; you don't have to use it if you don't want to.
I consider both must-haves myself, but others don't. All a matter of what one prefers.
Thank you for the feedback and clarification!
Yes, in regards of "V16B1" the only thing I did was patching the .exe and ensure I got the 4GB thing turned on as well as the other fixes. Then I also followed the instructions and (1) added the whole "Supplement to V16B1" folder to my MODS and applied as well as (2) manually adjust the en_menu.txt and "Campaign_SCR.mis" as instructed. (I spent couple of hours first seraching for CE Blank error until I realised I just missed one important instruction of the installation).
I also saw the optional gauge mod as well and got interested (feels a bit odd as it is now with the CE guy talking about oxygen levels but what I see is the CO2 levels). But decided to keep my fingers away from touching anything more as I already spent a working day with installing mods while what I really wanted to do was to play and enjoy a day at the sea in my U-boat!

I think, as I now have a game that I'm able to play and enjoy a couple of hours with, I will not try to challenge this by trying to install the Stiebler's patch. I also read in that thread that it's not recommended for users without "the knowledge and experience to adjust their own files as they wish". I feel like this is me.

On topic:
I played a bit yesterday evening and was able to keep my fingers away from the watch officer. This way it worked. I just use him from the lower-left menu (e.g. for estimating distance to nearest ship).
If anyone still can help me with how to adjust the camera settings in the cameras.dat or how to disable WO guy as "clickable", let me know. Otherwise, I will survive.

Thanks again everyone, so great to see these kind of niche forums still alive on the internet with great people out there supporting each other in these kind of very niche nerdery. Love it!

Sjöbjörn is offline   Reply With Quote