propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorBra79 View Post
Hey Guys and fellow skippers,

I made it work. As soon as the FOTRS Splash Screen showed up I was happy

Problem is, I don't remember what the problem was. So can't really tell the solution. Sorry.

Now I'm in my 2nd mission and have to deliver supplies to Mariveles Bay - done.

But while fulfilling this mission I got the 2nd objective to pick up survivors or wounded personel (it says something like they come with a PT boat - look out for their light)
I was in the designated area (green circle) nothing happened. I was directly beside the PT boat, nothing happened.

How do I solve the objective?

Thx in advance
In line with what KaleunMarco said, this is one of those "maybe" missions. Here is the overview:

The big "circle" is used as a "trip wire", in that as you cross it, the "event" sets off a series of changes to the mission. When you first start out, there is the "Primary" objective of inserting the supplies, but when you cross that line, it activates the "Hidden Primary" objective of picking up the passengers. It is then supposed to send you a message alerting you to the update, and then to spawn the "Rescue_Raft" object. While the raft has a May 1 entry date, there is an "event" to have them spawn earlier than that. However, the game will "hiccup" sometimes, and spawn the raft first, which then doesn't have an "Objective" associated with it. We know the "spawning" is working though, because the PT boat spawns... However, the rescue raft should be moving slightly, and the PT boat should be at anchor. As KM described, you should be able to see the boat by its lit flare:

As you get closer, you should be able to see people onboard, though what you are after probably only has three people in it. This example is from a while back, and is the New Zealand boat:

As KM mentioned, you do have to be on the proper menu for the Bridge, and you have to look at the raft through the binoculars, but another point is that you have to be in close enough that you get a "Ship spotted" from your crew. This is generally at least 1500 yards out, but oftentimes much closer, and depends upon the sea state and the weather conditions. When looking at the raft through the binoculars, there is a little plus ( + ) sign in the middle of the view, that is usually yellow. That has to turn red, and then the life ring will light on the menu. That's when you can press it and affect the pickup. But the raft has to be there, and your crew has to spot it... Also, it is best to attempt pickups bow-on, since there is less rocking of the submarine at that angle, and to not get in too close, else it can be difficult to get the binoculars on the subject long enough to activate the life ring...

Now, all that said, you cannot use the "SS08 Insertion_Rescue Training" Submarine School mission to try things out (which the pics above are from), or rather, you ~can~ use it, but it does not function correctly... - Someone trashed it with one of the last updates to FotRSU... We'll fix that for the next version, which is getting close... maybe... lol - after all of that, there are times when the game does not "spawn" the rescue raft or survivors, so the usual CenPac Rule applies "give them 24 hours, and if no sign of them, take off and head home"... As KM says "go find something to sink".

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote