View Single Post
Old 08-02-11, 02:44 PM   #1
overlord0108
Swabbie

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0
SH3 problems with windows 7 and starforce

Hi guys, many apologies as I know this has probably come up before, but I have been trawling through as many websites as possible for an answer, without success.

I received a HP Pavilion DV6-6001SA Laptop for my birthday yesterday, with Windows 7, a quad core processor, 4BG of RAM, 500GB storage, dedicated AMD Radeon HD 6470M graphics, a 9600M GT graphics card with 512 MB of dedicated memory and up to 2303 MB of total available graphics memory.

I installed SH3, (which is the version with starforce on it) without any hitches and tried running it, only to receive an error message on the starforce loading bar, stating "Error - This application can be launched with a release version of Microsoft Windows 95/OSR2.1/98/ME/NT 4.0/2000/XP/Server 2003 only."

I know some people are probably going to tell me to go and buy a version without starforce, but I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me a way around my problem, such as if it is possible to remove starforce altogether. I would just love to be able to run SH3 with GWX and my list of mods again for when I go to university and will have to leave my desktop behind.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help me,

from a shipwrecked Kaleun

Last edited by overlord0108; 08-02-11 at 03:06 PM.
overlord0108 is offline   Reply With Quote