View Single Post
Old 06-27-21, 10:51 PM   #3549
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatorMan View Post
As I mentioned in a DM response to you, I'm using almost exactly the same load order that you've linked to me in a private message and none of the differences have files which affect this ship as far as I can tell so I don't think they would lead to just one ship being without textures and only while out in the game world. I could be wrong however, but it just seems like an oddly specific bug to attribute to something like load order when I'm using the load order you've already got working...

EDIT: I've tried swapping Fleet Boat interiors with Nippon Maru so that there is nothing that overwrites Nippon Maru and then restarted a new career (deleting whats in the saves folder) and beelining to that same convoy with no change... the Heiyo Marus are all still black without textures.
Nippon Maru should be first after FotRSU. The Interiors mod should be one of the last ones you put in, with only other vickers03 mods that pertain to it, and / or flaminus's mod for dressing things up further. Near as I can tell though, from several hours of testing the Heiyo Maru ship and others around it, is that in all the tests, of which I have done roughly a dozen, 1941, 42, 43, 44 & 45, and never saw a hint of trouble. I saw early war plain color skins, early war simple razzle dazzle, mid war complex razzle dazzle and later versions - all of which deserve a shout-out to the magnificent max-peck who did all of the Razzle Dazzle for us, btw. Anyway, the ships sink fine also, no issues in that regard either. I do not recognize about a third of what you or MM or KM_U669 have in your mods lists, and I know we haven't tested at least half of what you guys have. My recommendation is to remove mods until you find the trouble, which can take some time... I have a SingleMission made up if you guys want to use that, since the SingleMissions do load the full campaign, and can function as a testing ground... Other than that, make certain your Windows video stream matches ie: the monitor's "Native" resolution, which Windows calls "(recommended)" is used for the Windows setting, and then try to match that in SH4, unless you have a super-high resolution monitor, like 4k or greater, and then you might want to use 1920x1080. Then make certain that you have set the SH4.exe Windows Properties.

Again, this will take experimentation to get the least intrusive set of settings that allow the game to function. You also have to be certain that you do not have background processes interfering, and that either LAA or another 4Gig patch is properly set on the SH4.exe file. The easiest way to check that is to open the program again and look at SH4.exe for its settings. You also have to have emptied the Save folder after activating major - and sometimes minor - mods, so that the game properly pulls the correct information into the game for use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Pro shop ..

forgive me I couldn't resist
- - but for $2.50 US currency, you cannot argue with the savings! - though one does have to be careful with the 'new' DRM schemes they keep coming up with... - btw, that corporate logo almost looks like "microfarad"... lol

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 06-27-21 at 11:03 PM.
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote