View Single Post
Old 08-03-11, 06:59 PM   #10
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171
Uploads: 0

This may take some time, I am not a network guru so some of this went straight over the top, not sure what is a DMZ is, both computers have comodo, I don't use windows firewall, had done a hard reset to the router but no change, trying a different port on the router is over my head, sounds like I could lose internet connection an both!
Quote:
It may also be a configuration issue with the router itself (like for example, things are going out successfully, but being routed back to the first computer not the second)
Don't know what to look for here, I can access the router settings by going to http://10.0.0.138/ however this is only accessible from my computer.
My son brought his computer up from the big smoke awhile back and we plugged his in and it went straight off, comodo just came up with a box to ask if I wanted to accept this new zone, I clicked yes, and it connected, internet went straight away, so I must assume that the problem lies with either comodo on my pc or settings on my wife's, however I have been told that if my pc was off the computer should still connect to the router /internet independent of mine!
Quote:
Then I would check the web browser to make sure the connection setting is not pointing to a proxy.
Will give it a try (not sure where to look, though she has IE as well as FF, will try that.
Quote:
Open command prompt (Start>Run>(type) cmd (press Enter)) and then type "ipconfig /all" without the quotes. Do it on both and paste the results here. Got to be something simple!
Will do this first!!

Edit:
I tried running IPConfig on my computer in a command window but got "Access is Denied", this is what I get when trying to run chkdsk, my wifes computer works fine, if anyone can help me on this I would really appreciate it!

I just ran IE, and it works, wish I had tried this earlier!! so it is probably what Longam suggests, I will see what I can find in FF or maybe upgrade it to a later version.

Success, you were correct Longam, FF internet connection was through a "Manual proxy configuration" for my old ISP!! How embarrassing!!

Thanks all, if someone could assist with the "Access is Denied" problem at the command prompt would be great!

Sub captains go down with their ship!

Last edited by Reece; 08-03-11 at 07:24 PM.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote