View Single Post
Old 05-18-22, 08:42 AM   #4066
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
And Turkey still blocks them. Turkey wants arms deliveries from the US thjat got put on halt, Erdoghan also fears that the balance inside NAOT shifts from mor ein Turkey'S and the south'S favoiur tiowards the Northerns Scandivian region. Due to his own humanitarian misdeeds he does not want Scandinavian countries being so influential. This longterm strategic aim could indeed become a major obstacle. Both NATO and the eU should consider to mount some real seriosu pressure instead of buying themselves out. Against Erdoghan works the financial (inflation 70%!) and economical crisis at home that does not allow him to endlessly manouver if the European states threaten and start to accentuate the Turkish crisis. His star is, like Putin's, sinking.
I'm simply wondering if we'll ever get to the position where a choice has to be made between Turkey and the two Scandinavian countries.

As far as I remember no country has ever been thrown out of NATO but the time to choose may be coming.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)