View Single Post
Old 12-28-21, 02:58 PM   #4100
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Storm View Post
I have checked both option menues, again, to be sure.
I mean, right now, i ran on ahead flank from Brisbane through the coral sea, and through the bismark sea, and still 99%.
I also checked the "maximum range at current speed" and it stays at 5.681 km, without dropping a single kilometer.

(Game settings)
LimitedBatteries=true
LimitedCompressedAir=true
LimitedO2=true
LimitedFuel=true

(Career settings)
LimitedBatteries=true
LimitedCompressedAir=true
LimitedO2=true
LimitedFuel=true
You have them set correctly then. Notice though, that according to Wikipedia (not always the most accurate "source"), the Gato class could go "11,000 nautical miles (20,000 km) surfaced at 10 knots (19 km/h)[3], with the "[3]" note signifying "Friedman, Norman (1995). U.S. Submarines Through 1945: An Illustrated Design History". An S-Boat could do "Range: 8,000 nautical miles (15,000 km) at 10 knots (19 km/h) surfaced", from the same source. However, they do not show the difference when the ballast tanks were used for fuel, which happened rather quickly, and bumped them up to 10k miles or more, depending upon cruising speed used. Notice also, that they do not say whether that speed given was the "most fuel-efficient" or not. Most likely, but it is not stated... You should see the gauge move in real time though, if you are using Ahead Flank... but the Range figure appears to be correct.

As for the no new gear, that goes by date, and most should show automatically, but not all. Have they shown in the "catalogue" when you are in-base in the Captain's Office? Some of those updates do not apply themselves to the boat. What date is it you are looking for new gear, what is your active mod list, and what is the path to where your game is installed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Thank's Beanie.lol .. how fast ..!

@Rock Storm I confirm that the fuel does not drop normally ...! I am in class S18 but it seems that the problem is known and is not easy to solve ...

Beanie I confirm I suspected the breakage at the level of the upc files that seemed obvious to me. Like "like a paving stone in the face of a cop" if you will allow me the expression ...

Well, I admit that I have not finished reading the whole Doc there are so many ... a little rushed like a kid because of mister vickers03 ... with his superb machine room ... I liked the mini lathe too much .. in the back room as well as the transmission shafts etc .. thank you for this patch I am going up fresh .. direct for tonight ... Bg ThX Beanie ..

Super Beanie just got splash etc..NKL
Sincerely KM_U669
Just remember though, that s7rikeback is the one who did the quick work on those.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 12-28-21 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Clarification, please...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote