View Single Post
Old 01-28-06, 11:23 AM   #16
Hatch
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Thank you Mr. Mahuja, my initial question was to MOD or not to MOD, as you described it, Modders are using their work for a closed circle of friends and acquaintances and or fellow modders, it isn’t aimed at the general public, but rather as you pointed out, people in the Subsim community, which is maybe a few hundred players, hardly could be considered the general public.

As for my argument in shreds, I think its closer to reality than you think, I expressed a run of the mill way of thinking or popular thought if you will, and I for one would be one of its most loudest detractors of using an untested, unendorsed and unreliable, hacked edition of my favorite game, I am certain that these thoughts are shared by the greater majority of players and gaming groups on the internet today.

In conclusion, MODS are for MODDERS, like birds are strictly for the birds, and being you such a small amount of players, I kick myself for even thinking you could make a difference with the public at large producing something worthy of even the slightest benefit of the doubt which would warrant a second look.

To end my participation in this discussion, I will end it on an upbeat note, you guys have put work into your MODS, if you really believe that you have done something worth contributing to the public at large and the improvement of an already great game, then find a mechanism to somehow get endorsements or at the very least, a public nod of approval from the developers to justify your work, and above all, gain the credibility of the public at large.

I will stay with my stock game.

Thanks to all you gentlemen who participated in this amiable discussion.

Hatch
Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote