View Single Post
Old 09-25-05, 06:39 PM   #355
OKO
Commander

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amizaur
OKO, do you mean that you can't get accurate TMA only by merging SA and Towed under 7kts ? Or maybe that you can't get very accurate TMA at all (even from Towed only) at under 7kts ? In second case I suspect TMA would be shifted a little but still accurate bacause all readings come from same source ?
hoho ... you make me think you give new length to the TA, and hope this won't affect this problem ...

TMA is not shifted.
You could tought it is, because of side effects, but I can assure you it isn't.
During beta test, I spent around 100 hours on TMA, during 3 month, diging it everyway, because the thing was totally buggy at first LOL.
dot stack was inverted and shifted, time scale was shifted etc etc etc, lots of things.
I even made ~ 6 or 7 movies to show the problems.
And Sonalysts worked hard on this problem, especially Renee.I think I gave him quite few new white hairs ... LOL
I was always unsatisfied, each time Renée changed new settings.

But they finally released a real jewel of accuracy, after long, technical but very professional work..

But, to make a good TMA, there is lots of factor to respect :
no change of depth/course/speed during LOB recording, and 7 knts or more.
If you respect this, you can have a TMA around 2% of error with only 3 LOBs -so a bit more than 4 minutes of LOBs recording in good conditions- (merged TA and SA) and ~ 5% with only one sensor, on 6 LOBs (real minimum) -so around 10 minutes of LOB recording in good conditions-.

On Hull array, there is a beam wander effect if your contact is close to the edge of the sensor, so the most accurate TMA with the hull (especially the conformal of the KILO, the main tool for TMA on this platform) is made when the target is at 270° or 90°
recording LOBs coming from your 320 or 40 or 140 or 220 will give you corrupted LOBs, leading you to a VERY difficult, and anyway corrupted TMA.
Distance to the contact will be VERY hard to find in this case, and often lead to a missevaluation that could be twice, or half, the real values on the contact range. No TMA possible in this situation.

This is the usual problems encounter to makes good TMA on DW, on both nukes and KILOs.

I will need to test what happen with your longer TA ... (I rarely play nukes on MP matches, except on sub matches, so I didn't tried it with your new values)
I scare a bit for the Akula, because 7 knts was the minimum AND the maximum speed to make a correct TMA whith conserving the best detection capabilities, when the 688i could do the same until 14 knts, and the Seawolf 15 knts.
I hope with a longer TA (I'm not sure you also lengthened the TA of the Akula ...) the Akula won't have his TA falling down, in deeper water and by the fact corrupting the TMA.
I will test tomorrow and report.

cheers !
OKO is offline   Reply With Quote