View Single Post
Old 07-20-22, 02:42 PM   #4892
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Is EAX sound sim for FOTRS V1.7 compatible with V1.8?
Be sure and see the "correction" above... sigh - oldmanitis

Quote:
Slightly confused on something...if I missed it in readme somehow, forgive me.

So I am definitely wanting to use the TMO style nav mpa contacts...black lines, "dots", no ship silhouettes etc.

452 TMOstyle_NavMapShipMarks and 453_TMO NavMapAirMarks enabled. Do I need 451aTMOstyle_Navmapdots_Nippon_Maru? Nihon Kaigun?

Also, these will replace the colored ship silhouettes correct? Just want the dots
The "451_TMOstyle_NavMapDots" puts just the dots on the NavMap. The "452_TMOstyle_NavMapShipMarks" and "453_TMOstyle_NavMapAirMarks" replace the zoomed-in view marks. No more colored marks. FotRSU comes with the single-colored lines already, but if you want the DD, Merchant, and APR lines, then put Moonlight's Lines in first, then the 3 TMO mods. You can also do "454c_EasyAOB_InputTargetDistanceOnTBT" on top of those, and have separate rotating dials. More is planned in this regard for the next version.

Quote:
Using same resolution always have. I'm kind of clueless about resolution matters lol

Stadimeter is functioning kind of like stock did, not easy to adjust to desired range, its different than in TMO. I remember long ago same issue in TMO was fixed, its been so long forget exactly what was done.

Curious, in future versions is it planned to add the pearl harbor sub base to historically correct location? I could try but not sure if what is used in TMO would work in FOTRS?
The Pearl Submarine Base has been sitting on my hard drive for a while. I still have to get the "artwork" for the NavMap and ME matched-up better than what I have. If you ever see that long, narrow dock, such as a Corregidor, it is not quite right either. That is a difficult part of doing those type of mods, as far as I'm concerned... You can build the parts, but getting the dds file to match the dat is tough for me... We hope the next release has it, but we also don't want folks driving into docks that don't look like they're in the way...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote