View Single Post
Old 03-27-21, 09:47 AM   #7
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

I am not on OneDrive. It is not installed on my computers. However, that is what Microsoft uses for the backup images it creates when doing Windows Updates now. They apparently retain said images also. Everybody that has Windows 10 now appears to be tied to OneDrive, whether they like it or not. You may or may not have a OneDrive folder on one of your own hard drives that is visible, but MS does use the "cloud" to back-up your files to, while it Updates your machine. If there is a problem with the Update completing, Windows will restore from the "cloud", and if they have a problem with that, they ask the User to verify which restore point they want to use, and if you have multiple computers on a home network, you better make certain which computer you are pulling their restore point for... This can really "trash" a person's computer, and MS will disavow any and all knowledge of their Impossible Mission team's existence...

Look at the recent spate of people "losing" their Save folders... I did a fresh install of SH4 the other day for testing what we hope is the final mix of FotRSU, and did a new MultiSH4 Save folder. That folder was NOT in My Documents, or anything even close to that folder initially - of which, I used Windows File Manager to point to a My Documents folder on the E: drive (a clue! a clue!!). The SH4 Save folder was hanging on the root of the C: drive... It took me a while to find it, because here I am trying to "test" the mod, and after a few tests, I wanted to clear the Save folder again to pull in fresh data... It took me ~forever~ to find it. Several days later, there is was in E:\Users \UserName \Documents, where it should have been to begin with. How? is what I want to know. Did Windows "sync" itself with my computer?? But with a different install, that Save folder has not moved to Documents yet... ??? But it sure looks like Windows 10 Update is using the "cloud". Maybe someone with more MS "top-secret" knowledge can enlighten us... ??

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote