View Single Post
Old 06-29-20, 08:49 AM   #1410
Havan_IronOak
Navy Dude

Downloads: 233
Uploads: 0
Default Special Abilities in FotRSU - Nevermind Found it

Was toying around with promotions to improve my understanding a bit and was surprised to find a couple of new Special Abilities that aren't very well described in-game.

Can someone point me to the mod file where such things reside so that I can understand them better? Nevermind. Found it! Sorta...

Can someone explain how the Master Engineer in ...\UPCCrewData\SpecialAbilities.upc gets expanded into what we see in-game?

These Special Abilities seem to be lacking adequate descriptions.

One shows as Ability-Active-Stalker-Name and has a description of Ability-Active-Stalker-Description
Another shows as Ability-Active-Sensors-Alert-Name and has a description of Ability-Active-Sensors-Alert-Description
Another shows as Ability-Active-Quick-Repair-Name and has a description of Ability-Active-Quick-Repair-Description
Another shows as Ability-Active-Medic-Name and has a description of Ability-Active-Medic-Description
Another is Ability-Watchman-Name with a description of Ability-Watchman-Description ( passive ability)
Another is Ability-Expert-Sonarman-Name with a description of Ability-Expert-Sonarman-Description (passive ability)
Another is Ability-Expert-Radarman-Name with a description of Ability-Expert-Radarman-Description (passive ability)
Yet another is Ability-Radioman-Name with a description of Ability-Radioman-Description ( passive ability)
And finally, Ability-Active-Bombard-Name with a description of Ability-Active-Bombard-Description

They say nothing about required compartments and these don't seem to be the ones that I've heard of before.

I had heard of:
MASTER ENGINEER Required compartment: ENGINES ROOM, CONTROL ROOM (Seen this one in FotRSU)
TIN CAN CROSSOVER Required compartment: DECK GUN (Seen this one in FotRSU)
MASTER TORPEDOMAN Required compartment: BOW TORPEDO ROOM, STERN TORPEDO ROOM
TORPEDO EXPERT Required compartment: BOW TORPEDO ROOM, STERN TORPEDO ROOM
PHARMACIST'S MATE Required compartment: ANY (Seen this one in FotRSU)
ENGINES EXPERT Required compartment: ENGINES ROOM (Seen this one in FotRSU)
BATTERY RECHARGE FIX Required compartment: ANY (Seen this one in FotRSU)
COMMAND PRESENCE Required compartment: CONTROL ROOM (Seen this one in FotRSU)
FUEL BALLAST Required compartment: CONTROL ROOM
AHEAD EMERGENCY Required compartment: CONTROL ROOM
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
NVidia RTX2070 16 Gig

Last edited by Havan_IronOak; 06-29-20 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Added the nevermind
Havan_IronOak is offline   Reply With Quote