Old 08-23-21, 11:45 PM   #2419
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
I will certainly take his ideas into account - he has a good eye for what WWII era ships looked like (or did not look like).

If you're not careful it's easy to make a cargo ship where the crane arrangement doesn't make sense, for example. Or where the deckhouses are too small/too large for real human beings. shadow_whx (and a select few other commenters) are good at noticing that stuff.

I will also adjust unit designations so you don't run into certain rare ships too often; stock SH3 and SH4, for example, have way too many T2 and T3 tankers spawned....a good merchant roster includes many non-standardized generic looking ships.
On that.. I can agree... a convoy having 1 T3 & 1 T2, alright... more than that... especially early on in the war, is wayyyy too many to be frank about it.

Now, later on, say late '43, early on '44... then a couple (say 2, of each to maybe 3 of 1 type & 2 of the other in either 3 T3's & 2 T2 tankers.. or 2 T3's & 3 T2's... heck even a 4-1 ratio), I could see.. as convoys were making it through not to mention also size of the convoys was increased drastically, to compensate for the early on losses suffered.

Seeing those increase sized convoys, would be understandable.. if you were fortunate enough to survive to that point in the war or further.

M. M.