View Single Post
Old 05-14-22, 04:55 AM   #14
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Regarding Revell replacement parts...

Unless the current management of Revell has taken the hard "corporate" stance regarding customer relations, there shouldn't be much of a problem asking for their assistance; the whole discussion reminded me of decades ago when I was about 13 years old and my family had moved to Los Angeles for the first of several times; I had a Revell kit (don't remember what it was, probably a sailing ship, my preference at the time) and, when I opened it, I found that aportion of the parts, listed in the instructions as being in a packet, were missing; I sent a letter to Revell's office address and got no reply; their California offices were in an area near the coast now known as Marina Del Rey; I decided to see if I could make a trip out there (about 20 miles from my then home) to the address on Glencoe Avenue; it took about a two hour bus trip (public transit was really horrible back then in LA) to get anywhere near the address and I had to walk the final mile on foot; I walked into the lobby and went to the reception desk; the receptionist seemed a bit surprised and bemused to see a kid show up a the headquarters; when she asked what I wanted I told her about the kit and the missing packet of parts and I asked if she could tell me who I could write to in order to buy replacements; she asked if I had the kit number and description of the missing part(s), I showed her a note where I had jotted down the information; she asked me to take a seat and she quickly wrote a note and summoned a clerk by pressing a buzzer; she quietly spoke to the clerk, and he disappeared through a door behind the reception desk; he reappeared a few minutes later and handed something to the receptionist, who called me over to the desk; she handed me the packet of parts the clerk had bought and with a smile said Revell apologized for the error and hoped I would stay a good customer...

I did stay a good customer an never forgot how well they treated their clientele...

<O>