View Single Post
Old 04-19-22, 11:14 PM   #4538
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldmastersims View Post
My current mission objective gives a crash to desktop upon clicking the map.

I've done 9 patrols so far. Got upgraded to Gato. Currently based of Tulagi.

According to the CareerTrack file, the default objective is ID94. Current objective is ID411, which is a spy insertion mission. Philippines is the patrol area. Both my auto and manual saves crashed to desktop upon clicking the map.

Will changing the objective IDs work around this CTD? Kinda sad that I can't get to try out my new toy...
There might be a couple of things going on here. First of all, the Mission Briefing in the file ~might~ be close to being too long in text length for the Campaign. The file works fine in a SingleMission, but that has different requirements. If you want to, open the "Insertion Spy Philippines 06.tsr" file with a plain text editor and replace the "MissionBriefing=" section with this:
"Your submarine will transport an agent of friendly intelligence service. He is traveling light. Offer all support in the preparation of his mission. Proceed to Cebu Island, Philippines where your passenger will infiltrate enemy territory near Carcar City, south of Cebu City in the Cebu Strait. The secrecy of this mission is of utmost importance. You will have to co-ordinate your approach and egress time to avoid enemy patrols in the area. The operation should only be attempted during dark hours. Be mindful that counter-intelligence activity in the area is high. When in doubt, the safety of your submarine and crew have priority. You are to refrain from normal submarine operations at least 12 hours either side of drop time and at least 24nm away from drop zone. Vacate the area immediately after insertion."
There are no CR/NL characters in that though, so is should be good for the full 1125 characters roughly. The original amount is 1108, and the above is 814. As far as the game is concerned, the less the better...

In the meantime, in your 2nd post there, you show as using Sea Life Pacific and Atlantic both. Only do one or the other, first of all, and 2nd of all, be sure and read update 29.12.21 from vickers03. He recommends not using it in FotRSU there. I do not know if he has updated that stance or the mod yet... The Gato boat itself should be fine, coming online active in March 1942, and on the menu at San Francisco for Spring 1942, Pearl for Middle of 1942 - should not be an issue. I lean more toward the verbosity of the orders... They are "fixed" in the upcoming release, and you might be able to get by with editing the ID for the current assignment, but I'd try changing the orders first.

- I think this is a mission that KaleunMarco found issues with a few weeks ago... or was it torpedobait?... lol

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 04-19-22 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Alright, which one of youse found it?
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote