Old 11-26-16, 10:56 PM   #6437
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3
Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
That would be perfect. Try also quickly FXUpdate mission surfaced (but lower your loudspeakers...)
FXUpdate mission
Testing with the latest TWoS version and my own additional mods:

Test 1 - U-boat surfaced with DD and Frigate pounding with guns...sub destroyed and no CTD
Test 2 - U-boat at periscope depth...fired torpedo salvo and destroyed DD. Frigate rammed sub and resulted in a CTD.
Test 3 - U-boat at periscope depth...fired torpedo salvo and destroyed DD. Frigate attacked with depth charges, sub hit resulting in a CTD.

Testing with the latest TWoS version with additional mods removed:
Test 1 - U-boat surfaced with DD and Frigate pounding with guns...sub destroyed and no CTD
Test 2 - U-boat at periscope depth...fired salvo and destroyed DD. Frigate attacked with depth charges, sub destroyed and no CTD

Test 3 - "Hovercraft test"...well this was the hard part because I had to destroy both DD and Frigate to be able to surface and crash my boat into the
coast at flank speed and 512 TC! I made a couple of attempts at killing both attackers which resulted with me being killed with depth charges but no CTD's
On my third attempt, I accidentally fired the rear tube instead of a salvo at the DD bearing down on me from directly ahead. I was taking a
reasonable amount of damage as I fired a salvo at the DD which proceeded to continue right into my school of hungry eels! As the DD exploded, I
heard another explosion. The Frigate had somehow run into the #5 torpedo I had inadvertently fired!

Down but not out, the crew worked valiantly and we were able to surface in preparation for our kamikaze run at the coast.

Flank speed and 512 TC the boat collided with the coast, killing all the crew and destroying our boat which then slowly slipped backwards into the depths.
....no CTD

I think these tests prove the TWoS with no additional mods is rock solid! I will add my additional mods in one at a time and try to isolate which one
introduces the instability when I get some free time. This highlights the warning about introducing instability into TWoS by adding additional untested mods.
I still am getting the "Silent Hunter V has stopped working" advisory when I exit the game in the unmodded version of TWoS.

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote