View Single Post
Old 04-22-08, 05:31 PM   #631
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

This will be the last release for a while unless something really cricital comes up. I am a bit tired after more than one year working on this, and now that the most important features are finally in, it's time to take a break for a month or more. Rest assured, this is not the final release, I am still aiming for v1.0 which should include a couple of other interesting features (model preview, zones editor, animations). For the next period, I will focus on some other stuff I'd like to do for this game, like the SH4HQ program which will become quite important with the PTO/ATO mods in the near future, some mod related stuff, some documentation and tutorials etc.

I hope the model import functionality will trigger a new modding mania the next months. I will surely follow all the progress you guys make! Have fun

Please uninstall any previous release before installing.

Version v0.8.2 - Download
New
  • Added UV map preview function to view embedded UV data for each map channel. Very usefull to verify if an import was done succesfully. You can customize the wire frame color under menu Tools > Settings, and the size of the map in the panel next to the UV preview window.
  • The UV map can also be saved as a PNG file. This file can then be used as an overlay in your favorite paint software, to aid in modifying textures (thanks ref for idea)
Changed
  • Removed the 'Export texture coordinates' and 'Export normals' option from the obj-export dialog. Both are now enabled by default. They are removed because there was no point in having them, the data should always be exported.
  • Removed the 'Import texture coordinates' option from the obj-import dialog. It is now enabled by default. It is removed because there was no point in having this option, the texture coordinates should always be imported.
Improved
  • Quite a few error checks on obj-imports and exports, and more meaningful error messages. There are also a couple of other minor improvements. Thanks to the subsim members for testing these functions and throwing all the errors they ran into at me
Fixed
  • Extended the time before the auto update check is performed after starting S3D from 1 sec. to 10 seconds. Also improved some of the error handling. I hope this solves the sometimes occuring crash when S3D is started.
  • S3D crashed when files were dropped on the shortcut or executable.
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote