View Single Post
Old 05-22-23, 08:45 PM   #24
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Meh, I call them like I want. I am conscious of the social brainwashing that we have been bombarded with in entertainment and news media; slow, steady coercion to conform and comply, that subtle pressure to follow the new attitudes or feel shameful. BS. I've gotten old enough now to see it for what it is: stupid.

Another liberal mindset that is coming back to bite them: the education policies. I saw firsthand during my abortive stint at becoming a teacher. I was instructed that it was "better for the kids" to have an inclusive policy where all the students were mixed together--the smart kids, the troublemakers, the lazy, and stoopid kids--put them together in the classroom. That's so empty-headed stupid, my father pointed it out 50 years ago when I was a kid. You put the dumb kids and the kids who can't sit still in the classroom with the normal kids who will follow instruction, listen and try to learn: you get a classroom where the misbehaving kids get 90% of the teacher's attention just trying to get them to shut up and listen. The smart kids get nothing done, the diligent and obedient children get less attention and education, and the whole class suffers. All this is OBVIOUS, but ha, no, I was told firmly, smugly that being inclusive was the way to go. We now have several generation of idiots, all whom have the right to help decide policy and vote.

Yeah Carlin did a thing about that!