Old 05-07-15, 12:55 PM   #1693
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
F.A.Q.
- Crew don't entering the sub when diving/ don't leaving the sub when surfacing ?
Use GUI buttons on the left side of the screen to avoid this
- Telegraph acts weird. I order standard speed (3) but it only sets to slow ahead (2) and so on, it is always one speed setting behind the ordered one.
Small side effect from one of the patches but your commands are accepted correctly, works much better with SH3 interface...
- I'd like to have my menus and texts in German for immersion - is there a German version?
Unfortunately not (yet)...German menu.txt is not compatible...
- If I patrol the area for 20 hours , save the game and continue the game the other day , this time I patrolled is also saved ?
Unfortunately , it is not...You shouldn't reload the game until those 48/72 hours are passed.
- How do you access a recognition manual that can feed TDC?
Press "E" key or notepad lookalike charts GUI button on the bar near right edge of the screen.
- I've lost my recognition manual?!
Delete all dragables.TDW files from main game folder and start the game again...
- Where's mine target identify button?!
In this megamod automatic target recognition is disabled due to somewhat unrealistic implementation. There really aren't to many ships to be recognized in SH5 so auto recognition while the ship is 20 km away is a huge gamebraker...
- I wish to change number of days spent in the bunker, 14 days are too low...
Sure, check this mod...Clicky
- How can I pass from one campaign to the next one?
Make sure to be ON PATROL when deadline date of last objective is reached, preferably somewhere at the open seas without AI units in your vicinity . This is important so be careful if you use mods like "Change Days in Bunker"...
- Do I always have to start my career from the first campaign?
No, type "silentotto" while you're in the campaign selection screen to unlock all campaigns and start any you want...
- I've arrived in Kiel but I cant select Eastern British Coastal Waters mission, only Danzing mission is available?
Missions are date controlled and EBCW mission will not be available until 4th September 1939.
- Should I attack neutral shipping?
Despite common belief that the game wont penalize you if you sink neutral ship, it seems that it will by giving you negative rating points which are very important for players progress (medals, new subs and equipment, prom. points)
- Is there any written manual for TWoS?
Unfortunately, there is not. however, in TWoS Documentation folder you'll find readme files of individual mods contained within the modpack. You can also put GWX manual to a good use and/or search for numerous tutorials/playthrough videos found on Subsim and Youtube...
- Should I play without real navigation?
In my opinion absolutely not! TheDarkWraith's Real Navigation is one of the few SH5 features which can separate SH5 from the rest of the franchise and it improves gameplay drastically. It is the best and the most realistic nautical navigation mod ever adopted for SH and it will suit both experienced and new players...
- How can I find assigned patrol grid?
Use grid map tool (Charts-Maps). The tool is resizable...
- Where's mine tonnage bar?! I can't play without it!
I'm sorry...It's dead!
This is a never-ending job. Feel free to add something you think that can be useful...

Last edited by vdr1981; 05-07-15 at 01:38 PM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote