View Single Post
Old 02-01-22, 03:01 AM   #32
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean C View Post
[...] I was reading an article earlier which bemoaned Spotify's decision, saying something to the effect of potential damage caused by misinformation. I get that ... really, I do. But when faced with the alternative: potentially setting a precedent which could damage our right to free speech, I think Spotify's choice was the correct one. [...]
I guess Spotify's decision was based on with whom they make more money, but it was their free private company decision, as it was Young's. Has an artist the right not to let his works be published by someone he does not like?
B.t.w. https://open.spotify.com/search/Neil%20Young
Quote:
It saddens me to see here in these forums the now common practice of taking everything to extremes. I mean ... comparing someone's skepticism of the 'official' narrative concerning this virus to holocaust deniers? REALLY?! Apparently Godwin's Law must be a fact.
But this is exactly the thing, those extremes, not only since 2016. Rockstar calls people who are pro-mandate (when it comes to vaccines) "mandate nazis". I guess the real Nazis would be a bit underwhelmed to see this being compared.
I personally think that comparing a temporary(!) law to get rid of a plague as somehow rational, while comparing this to wear a yellow star patch (as Taylor Greene does) is idiotic.

But seriously: do you stop tolerating others expressing their opinion when this harms others, or do you never do this because 'free speech'? Do you take action? What if someone calls for harming others because of 'his opinion', if he has an influential media presence? Thus my intentional exagerration with dictators expressing their opinion, before they become dictators.
Rogan has the media presence of a statesman, should he show some responsibility or does the number of clicks justify anything? Can we imply that everyone has enough common sense?

But one thing is true: People have their opinions before they watch shows and reports, they choose their information sources based on their filter bubble, and no accidentally seen other opinion piece or even scientific proof will ever change their mind.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 02-01-22 at 03:20 AM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote