View Single Post
Old 08-18-21, 06:38 PM   #2412
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Damage testing "Hercules" & "Colossus". Note the crewmembers jumping overboard to abandon ship; a new particle effect I created. There are plans to expand this feature so that ship sinkings are much more dramatic....also I believe it is possible to have real lifeboat lowering in SH4! Not just boats spawning automatically when a ship sinks. I will need to do more testing but I'm reasonably certain it can be done.

Glad to report that these ships are much better modeled than my ships for the Merchant Fleet Mod internally. You will always see them tilt or roll correctly depending on where they are hit. Compartments in the .zon file match the actual location in the hull.

I've also added progressive flooding for ships with hull openings like battleships and armoured cruisers.

Ships with gun ports will now suffer sudden, severe flooding once water reaches their casemates or gun ports. At that point, slow flooding can become catastrophic, causing a large ship to capsize (as seen here). This makes for new possibilities & strategy when the player conducts torpedo attacks.

iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote