Nikdunaev
Sailor man

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by derstosstrupp View Post
Crush Depth project (in my sig).
That one looks really amazing...

A highly detailed and accurate, historically and physically, submarine simulation, representing the actual particulars of the boat, as they functioned in real life?
Yes, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derstosstrupp View Post
I can answer the second part of your question to Pisces, only because I know the answer at the ready about the multiple oculars. So the one on the left, with the wire going out of it, inside of that one there was apparently a depiction of the torpedo triangle in colors. This allowed the user to visualize the lead angle. It was linked, at least by my understanding, to the AOB finder, since AOB is an angle in the torpedo triangle (gamma). The only other critical pieces of information are target and torpedo speed, and I’m not clear on how those were entered exactly. The ocular on the top inside of the RAOBF I believe was how the prisms were viewed for the stadimeter.
Visualize the lead angle? How was it different from setting the lead angle on top of the bearing ring on the scope tube? The one visible in the "bubble" when looking through the scope?

Or was it automated, with TDC-like functionality?

So, the stadimeter prisms were only visible through one eyepiece, but not through the other, is that right?

Why not just align the ghost image, or move it all the way out of sight, when not being used?

In the scope photo on the first page, the ring sits on the bottom ocular, whereas on the photo above, it sits on the top. Otherwise they seem to be pretty much identical. Is there any significance to that, in terms of functionality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikdunaev View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikdunaev View Post

Last edited by Nikdunaev; 01-21-21 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Referenced images for clarity
Nikdunaev is offline   Reply With Quote