View Single Post
Old 08-25-05, 09:07 PM   #88
Amizaur
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I see that my SS-N-27 doctrine indeed do not work correctly now, enable point is bugged, don't know when this happened :hmm: I'll try to find the error tomorrow.
Tested that max effective depth of 53-65K wakehomer is 15m. At 15m they work fine, at 16m they don't detect wakes of surface ships anymore.
So if you were limiting 65cm run depth you could limit it to 15m not 10 :-)

Just tested small modification of torpedo doctrine that prevents AI units from sinking friendly surface units with ASW torpedos. If air-dropped torp is detected, ceiling is set to 150ft inside of doctrine. Surface units are safe.
Also tommorrow I'll test little more complicated modification that prevents human player from surfacing to avoid being sunk by AI ASW torpedos - he may think that they don't get him on the surface. If an AI air-dropped torpedo detects Submarine the ceiling is reset to -2ft to allow the atttack. Surface ships would be still safe, but surfaced submarines not :-). This mod will affect only AI launched torpedos, player launched would be unaffected. If it's human-player weapon, the -150ft setting would be overwritten by ceiling value set by player.
Amizaur is offline   Reply With Quote