View Single Post
Old 08-25-05, 02:34 PM   #82
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Ok based on your feedback and the further brainstorming of Amizaur and me, here are the things that are being considered for v1.03. First, thanks a lot for using the mod!

Fixes-

missile.txt doctrine-Amizaur has determined that neither his nor the stock version function correctly. I believe he is working on fixing it.

ss-n-27 doctrines-Amizaur has recently posted that he may have found a bug, so he may fix this and/or expand the missile's function.

readme-I will correct the section in the readme regarding missile launches and TIW warnings, with credits going to Bellman for pointing it out and Fish for confirming it over a LAN.

Additional Mods/Changes

UGST- Will be given 27nm range. Credits to Bellman for bullying me into it. You bad bad man. :P :rotfl:

ADCAP- Speed will be increased to 60kts.

Wakehoming torpedos- I am considering removing all ASW capabilites from all wakehoming torpedos (and setting the max depth of the 65-76 to -10m). I am open to suggestions about this, as I can't find out how wakehomers actually work. Amizaur believes it is oxygen bubbles left in the water by surface ships, meaning it wouldn't work against subs, and I am inclined to believe him as usual. I have started a poll so you guys can give an answer.

Torpedo Seekers- Will be adjusted to realistic levels, paying attention to reduce the cone of subrocs and older torpedos.

Submarine Sound Levels- Periscope Depth has sent me a modded db with passive noise levels changed for various subs. I have wanted to change these as well, so in consultation with Amizaur, the three of us will play around with changing them to reflect reasonably realistic levels, whatever that means (I'm not really sure how quiet anything is, to be honest, so I'll have to trust you guys).

On that tip, if any of you have specific requests about changing certain subs to certain levels or anything else you'd like to see in the mod in general, let us know here in this thread.