View Single Post
Old 09-25-17, 07:14 AM   #30
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Hey, it looks like the Ccleaner issue is worse than was initially thought and that there is still malware in the thing. And I think it's a symptom of more mayhem to come.

You see when giant mega-companies gobble up their competition, often it isn't to make them better. Often as not, they do it to DESTROY their competition. Avast bought Piriform, the trusted and reliable publisher of Ccleaner earlier this year. THAT's when the trouble began with malware.

It looks like after Avast announced that the malware had been removed, independent testing reveals that malware is still nestled safely in Ccleaner. It's time to avoid or use an old version, before the last two published by Avast.

This is only the beginning. Things are going to get worse as these commercial companies play cloak and dagger (with emphasis on the dagger) with our trusted security programs. Only open source and new smaller commercial companies care about anything other than dollars or equivalent currency. These large gobbler corporations are not serving their customers, they are separating them from their cash.

I'm putting Avast antivirus on my black list too. Too much good competition to feel I have to use Avast anywhere.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote