View Single Post
Old 08-01-17, 08:02 PM   #7
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Forgive my manners Cherry. Like Aktungbby, I should have welcomed you to SubSim first, then got on with business...

In the meantime, if you've got the Creators' Update installed in Win10, that does cause issues with the video driver for some cards, which does cause issues with the older games, SH3, 4 & 5 being older games. All 3 are having issues with this. Some folks have rolled back the update, others have installed different (older) video drivers. That's where THEBERBSTER's advice would be most helpful, since I don't have any of this fancy, new-fangled computer gizmo stuff... - I have an old Duo core quad core thingie that does 2.1 gigaherts, and my graphics sub-system isn't even that new... - That said, if you're running OK in "stock", I can't imagine that being the issue, but I could be wrong (what? again??)...

Also, the game wants your "modern" computer to "match" what it does with the video. So if your display monitor has a "Native resolution" of 1600 x 900 @ 60Hz, then Windows should be set to that, and the game should be set to that. That gets things working together best. Some folks have newer, higher resolution gear, and you might find it difficult to find an exact match, but there might be a mod to help with that, or maybe using a "Window" mode in the game might get you close. One thing about changing video display resolutions in the game is that you have to re-start the game for them to take effect...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote