View Single Post
Old 07-30-21, 04:09 PM   #3717
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldjs View Post
Been playing V1.39 since my first try with V1.46 and the over active aircraft took the fun out of my playing. Want to try V1.46 again and want to know if there have been any "fixes" to tone down the AC enthusiasm to sink me every time I surface.
If you are referring to the doggedly pernicious airplanes - especially Betty planes... ?? I am thinking that we turned the radar efficiency down in the Preview version, which is basically v1.46 with updated airplane activity, as well as submarine changes... The area around Rabaul and Bougainville, as well as several other areas can be a bother at certain times though still. Also, there is a "patch" of sorts for the Preview, for the uniforms.

Preview of the next release of Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate

Preview_EnlistedFix.7z

It is a preview though, and does not have all parts finished. We are STILL working on the ST Periscope Radar failure to upgrade issue, and don't really want to do the sensible solution which would be liberal use of the <Delete> key... but the airplanes should not bird dog you nearly as strongly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lederhosen View Post
Sooooo, my problem is solved.
Seems my "cheap" set of SH4 CD'S may be the resaon after all.
I knew that I bought SH4 on steam yrs ago, so I decided to go this route, buy the uboot missions for $5, followed the install instructions to the letter, and....
yippy seems to work even after adding one or two extra mods/skins etc.

sorry to of bothered you guys as it seems I was at fault (well the cheap CD'S)
No biggie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lederhosen View Post
anyone have a link to US sub-logbooks ?
The War Patrol Reports are here, and the Log Books are in the National Archives, but don't hold much info. Are you are after a log book to use yourself, or a mod for the log book in the game?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote