Old 12-15-21, 01:44 PM   #15
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flag4 View Post
hi propbeanie

thanks for taking the time to get back to me. but all the above is way over my knowledge base. i just wish to install SH3 on my laptop and get it running smoothly. i'm now left with nothing installed and a copy of SH3 in a zip file i cant install - don't know why? if i create a folder for it it says error or i don't have the right permissions? so i'm stumped. if you have any knowledge on how to install it correctly id be very grateful. cheers flag4
Let Jeff know where you are located of course, but where are you attempting to create the folder? Open Windows Explorer / File Explorer, whatever you find on your computer to "see" the folders. Double-click on your C: drive icon to open it, and right-click in the right-hand pane and see if you don't have a "New..." option, with "Folder" after you left-click on "New". You should then see a "highlighted" dark blue "New folder" waiting for you to re-name it to whatever you'd like, such as "flag4zGames" or whatever. You then install SH3 in that folder, and GWX inside that particular SH3 game folder. If you cannot create a folder in the C: root, then you are logged-in on a restricted User account, and would probably find it easiest to log-in on an Administrator enabled account to do all of the set-up work, then go back and use your User account. As has been mentioned in other threads by several people now, using anything "protected" by Windows will defeat your efforts, whether the Documents folder, Program Files folders, etc. It doesn't matter if you have an original disk, new disk, Steam, Ubisoft or other download or whatever.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote