Downloads: 55
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt View Post
Some time ago I had the idea to rework on WDAD, adding new features:
- a 1939-1941 campagin in north sea and Norway against Germany;
- some missions in 1942 in the bay of Biscay, huntung german u-boats;
- 1940-43 med campaign against the Italians;
- 1943-45 eastern campaign against the Japan.
I always thought it was an impossible dream (I have no modding skills ), but after seeing all the efforts of you and VonDos on remaking the navies of Germany and Italy, maybe, remake this mod is possible.
it could be also added to the the campaign, the new WoW british sub models, a converted version of the SH5 U class submarine and a nice Parthian class sub on turbosquid (actually i already have all of them), with all the permissions, obviously.
What do you think about it guys?
That's sound great. Glad to see that our work with Von Dos could be useful and reboost you on this ambitious and so interesting project.

I don't use WDAD, as any big Mod, I just pick some elements that I need on those Mod, like submarine or IA units to built some short missions. I work with a Stock version with U-boat missions. My aim is always to take something and try to update it by reworking textures. Make a sort of homogeneous render for all the units, that's the goal we want to reach for each fleet with my friend Von Dos. We have achieved the Regia Marina, the Kriegsmarine is in progress, we work actually on torpedo and minelayer units, next will be Royal Navy.
So, about all those units, it's SH3 base but I've tested some transfers to SH4 and it work fine for my small test. The plan is to convert all the units we have made and will make for SH3 to SH4 and share them for those who might be interested to build something with.

If I could help you to rework this great Mod, and make an up to date version with our last work, that will be with great pleasure. The Keltos Triton class bring me so much fun, that's the less I can do to thanks him for this great model. It would be a fair return of things.

As I don't use WDAD, I don't know where the development has stopped. What you need ? But I've lot of elements that could be useful to rework campaigns for WDAD.

I've no skills to build a campaign, I just work on texture, and make some stand alone IA units and sub from Mod to my personal use.

What I can propose you, if everyone is agree with this project

- Regia Marina/Kriegsmarine/Royal Navy/French Navy units from my collaboration with Von Dos. That guarantee you an homogeneous render for all the units. I make the conversion to SH4 and test

- The Keltos Triton class model, with reworked textures, Royal Navy crew uniform for 3D crew.
I work actually on the Vicker03 Fleet boats Class S full interior that I've adapted to the Keltos Triton model, and I rework the texture to give a more "Royal Navy" interior finish inspired by HMS Alliance inside colors (what you can see in the picts that show the uniform crew mod)

- Some stuff that you probably already have in WDAD, new crew board with RN face icon and ranks and a new silhouette from my reworked Triton. I'll post you some picts of that stuff.

- New cinematic menu and loading page in more Royal Navy spirit.

- Some battle maps with units movements, dates and times, that could be useful to build campaign and mission if needed.

And I forget the MK2 speech pack! Top job to complete the board. I guess we have all we need to start an update of this great Mod

Against the overwhelming odds

Last edited by flush deck; 07-19-23 at 12:23 PM.
flush deck is offline   Reply With Quote