View Single Post
Old 10-29-22, 09:25 AM   #7
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
I...... Don't know. I can see women serving on an SSBN. The boat's big enough to allow some segregation and the patrols are fairly regular.

On SSN's its a different game. The quarters are much more cramped and that 4 month deployment might last a LOT longer and you can't hold to a tight schedule.

On the other side of the Rape issue is the basic issue of Power and who controls it. An innocent conversation can turn sour quickly and all of a sudden a crewperson can be dictating terms to the entire command.

As you well know, submarines are a bit different and submariners are an entirely different breed. Even serving on a boomer has it's issues with long patrols. Patrols on attack boats can be equally as long depending on the missions. The " Northern Run " attack boat missions are but one example.

The " grey " areas are pretty wide and things do happen. All of these things mentioned here come into play. Still, I think the crews on these subs are pretty well disciplined. To be honest, serving in this capacity can be an " iffy " proposition. The command and control structure can be an issue as well, if the commander themselves aren't fit to command. That's something you pointed out as well.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote