View Single Post
Old 07-24-21, 07:40 AM   #28
itsjero
Swabbie

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0

All anyone really needs to know about Cold Waters is this - if you love submarine games, get it.

Once you get it.. you can play it for a bit, but id also reccomend downloading and installing the epic mod to make it even better.

Also, you can edit a ton of stuff in the game by learning to edit the .txt files the game uses to set variables and such for each sub/ship and everything else from sonar, weapon damage, speed, depth, you name it. If its a variable the game uses, you can change it to what you want or like.

It is, currently imho, the best sub game out right now. I get that there are great sub games out, but almost EVERY SINGLE ONE is like ww2 uboat based and most people i know wernt even alive during ww2, and they want to use weapons/ships/subs that are from the 80s and beyond.

And cold waters does that. You wanna do ww2 boats? No prob. You wanna do a hunt for red october typhoon boat? No problem. You love the seawolf like i do and want to use that boat? No problem.

You want to use some of the newest or THE newest subs out with the newest weapons out? Yup.. has that too.

Its easy to play and pickup, and isnt SO simulated like some games can be where you need a 500 page manual and its like you almost need to be an ex pilot of an f-18 to play the f-18 simulator. Nope. It just has speed, depth, a sonar system you can figure out, easy to launch and use weapons from guided to unguided, and everything in between.

So, if you like sub games, youre gonna like this game. Its one of the very few games i play on my pc ( used to pc game a lot but most of my gaming is done on a 70 inch flatscreen from my couch using an xbox X or playstation. But theres a few games ill play on the PC, the main one is Cold Waters.

So theres my review. you like subs? you like new subs? Old subs? whatever.. its got it. And its easy to play, and can also be very challenging depending on the experience you want.

Its a no brainer for the price. I would have paid 2x as much.
itsjero is offline   Reply With Quote